Dubai: Your Emirates ID is your primary source of identity in the UAE and you should carry it at all times. But what happens when you lose your Emirates ID or when your Emirates ID is under renewal? What do you do then?
If you have lost your Emirates ID, you must report it to the authorities and apply for a new one. However, during the time a new Emirates ID is being printed for you, you can access the data of your Emirates ID by creating a Quick Response (QR) code through the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs & Port Security’s (ICP) online platforms.
Through ICP, you can generate a QR code for free, which stores all your Emirates ID details. You can use this QR code as a temporary solution to conduct government transactions, if you need to enter certain details related to your Emirates ID, like the ID number or expiry date.
How do I get a QR code for my Emirates ID?
You can get a QR Code for your Emirates ID through two platforms:
• The official ICP mobile application – ‘UAEICP’
• The official ICP website – icp.gov.ae
1. To access the Emirates ID QR Code, visit the link here: https://smartservices.icp.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/guest/index.html#/issueQrCode
2. Next, you will have the option to fill in the application using your:
• Unified Number
• Emirates ID number
3. If you do not know your Unified Number or Emirates ID number, click on ‘verify by personal information’.
4. Through this option, you can verify your information by inserting your passport details. Fill in the following information:
• Current nationality
• Passport type
• Passport number
• Date of birth
5. Sponsored number – for this, you will need to enter the number of people under your sponsorship. You can enter ‘0’ if you don’t have any.
6. Next, click on the ‘search’ button.
7. After that, scroll down, and a QR code will be generated. Once you scan this QR code, it will show all the details of your Emirates ID, including:
• Unified number
• Emirates ID number
• Emirates ID expiry date
• Full name in English and Arabic
• Date of birth and gender
8. Next, you can download the PDF with the QR code or enter your email address, and have the PDF with QR code sent to you.
9. It is important to note that that the validity of the QR code is only one day. However, you can generate the request for the Emirates ID QR code again.
Through the app
1. Download the ‘UAEICP’ app from the Google Play or Apple App store and follow the steps below:
2. You choose to enter your information, by either using your unified number, or Emirates ID number.
3. If you don’t know your Unified number or Emirates ID details, tap on personal information, and enter your passport number, nationality and other personal details such as: gender and date of birth.
4. Once that’s done tap the ‘submit’ button.
5. You will then receive a QR code, which stores all the details of your Emirates ID. You can also scroll below and view your Emirates ID number and expiry.