The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) has announced the seventh centre in the emirate where residents can get the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine against Covid-19 for free.
Dr Farida Al Khaja, CEO of Clinical Support Services and Nursing Sector at the DHA and Chairperson of the Covid-19 Vaccination Steering Committee, said Al Safa primary healthcare centre will now offer the jab.
— هيئة الصحة بدبي (@DHA_Dubai) January 9, 2021
The move will help the DHA accommodate the increasing requests for the vaccine.
With this, Dubai residents can now get the Pfizer jab at:
- Al Safa primary health care centre
- Zabeel primary health care centre
- Al Mizhar primary health care centre
- Nad Al Hamr primary health care centre
- Al Barsha primary health care centre
- Uptown Miriff medical fitness centre
- Hatta Hospital.
Dr Al Khaja stated that the DHA’s vaccination plan will see the addition of more centres to meet the expected demand.
Currently, three categories of residents are given priority:
- Elders who are 60-years-old and above; people with chronic diseases; and people of determination.
- Frontliners in both the public and private sectors.
- Vital-sector workers.
All others will get the jab in the near future, the DHA said.
UAE residents can register and book appointments for vaccination through the DHA app or its toll-free number 800-342.