Monitoring Desk: Jebel Jais Flight, the world’s longest zipline, will reopen on Saturday following the tragic helicopter accident that killed four people on December 29.
The zipline was closed to the public at the time of the accident and remained closed while a thorough investigation took place. According to the guidelines of Civil Aviation, the popular visitor attraction is now safe to reopen.
“Now that we are absolutely certain that everything has been tested and continues to operate to the highest international safety standards, we will we reopen the zipline to the public,” a spokesperson from Toroverde UAE said.
Toroverde ran a full assessment of any damage to the zipline park, cables and infrastructure and has conducted the necessary repairs and tests, following the accident.
“We can confirm that none of the ziplines which carry customers have been damaged, and none of our customers or staff were injured or involved in the accident.”
One of the supplementary equipment cables which does not carry customers, and is technically known as a braking equipment cable, was found to be damaged after the incident and has been replaced.
As previously reported, the exact circumstances behind this tragic accident have not yet been established.
“We will have full details once the investigation ordered by His Highness Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah is complete,” a spokesperson for the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (RAKTDA) told Khaleej Times.
Currently in the process of contacting all customers who had booked flights in order to reschedule them, the Jebel Jais Flight team is also preparing to welcome the senior leadership of RAKTDA and Toro Verde to take part in test flights before the official re-opening on Saturday.
“The safety and security of our visitors and those who want to experience the adventure park continues to be our utmost priority.”
SOURCE: KHALEEJ TIMES