UAE Government Determined To Leave No Emirati Behind: Sheikh Mohammed

Abu Dhabi: The UAE government will leave no Emirati behind as it continues its efforts to support its citizens this year, pledged His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, on Tuesday during a Cabinet meeting.

During the meeting, Sheikh Mohammed looked back on the UAE government’s achievements for its people last year, saying the Cabinet would continue to push for more benefits and opportunities for Emiratis this year.

“Today, I chaired a UAE Cabinet meeting, in which we reviewed last year’s outcomes and plan for 2019,” he said on Twitter.

“Emiratisation was increased by 200 per cent in 2018 and we want to double the effort in 2019.

“We granted 7,000 homes for citizens in 2018 and we are working with local governments to ensure no Emirati is left without a home,” he said.

Related Posts
1 of 329

Sheikh Mohammed said Dh10 billion was granted in social assistance to “vulnerable groups” last year. Speaking to those groups, he said “the government is with them in 2019 and we will not leave anyone behind, nor will they want for anything”.

He said policies pertaining to families, women and children were launched and promised that, in 2019, Emiratis would remain the government’s “first, second and third priority”.

After the meeting, ministers held a small celebration in honour of Sheikh Mohammed’s 50 years of government service.

“I am hopeful about my country, hopeful about my people and hopeful about my team in 2019,” he said, tweeting a photo of himself cutting a large cake as ministers gathered around.

SOURCE: THE NATIONAL

Leave a comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More